Sunday, November 16, 2014

Jake Gyllenhaal: Nightcrawler Exclusive

It started like any other Saturday but it ended well...like no other ordinary Saturday at all. Allow me to explain~

There I was sitting in a packed theater. In fact, practically every seat was filled and it was about 5 minutes until showtime. The film: the advance screening of Nightcrawler.

We had been expecting director Dan Gilroy to be at the screening since this particular advance screening included a question and answer portion. Of course, those screenings are always packed.

But, we were informed about 4.2 minutes before showtime that director Dan Gilroy was "very sorry" but he would be unable to make it to the screening. Cue: Door opening and Nightcrawler star/insane hottie/sweetest boy next store ever Jake Gyllenhaal walks through said door opening. Now: that ordinary Saturday is finally shaping up! (Additional edit: Jake I want to add inspirational actor as well to the list of above adjectives to describe you. I didn't get the opportunity to add that originally but I do want you to know that I respect your work!)

What can I say: Jake was everything I expected him to be and yet so much more. Talk about a "surprising Saturday." Everyone in the entire audience was speechless and I mean speechless. You could have heard a pin drop on the theater floor as fans watched with jaws dropped and were utterly dumbfounded to see Jake Gyllenhaal standing right there before their very eyes. Needless to say, no one said a word about director Dan Gilroy being unable to attend. ie. if you asked anywhere about Director Dan they would have responded, "Dan Who?"

Yes, you've probably read the newspaper articles about Jake appearing at the advance screening of his film and surprising fans but I was actually there first hand. This is not some second hand account of what occurred. In some ways, I guess this is a bit like Jake Gyllenhaal's character in the film, who is the first person to come upon many news stories and maybe in some ways Jake wanted to do just that: allow his fans to be just like his character in the film.

I saw Jake and I actually got to talk with him and meet him. Yes that's right. Jake told everyone that he didn't want them taking photos of him from far away. No, no, no, that's just not his style. He invited everyone, yes EVERYONE to take  photos with him. So, yes now I have my selfie with Jake Gyllenhaal for all of posterity.

He thanked everyone afterwards for "Being bold" and going after what they wanted. He said that's exactly what the film, Nightcrawler is all about and that his character does just that. He also said that after we saw the film that we would think he was crazy. He told us to enjoy the film and that even if we didn't like the film, we should simple "lie." So, I have to say, I've met many famous people but probably none as sweet and kindhearted as Mr. Jake Gyllenhaal. Keep it locked on The Red Balloon for exclusive photos from the screening that you will see only here. Not the newspaper, no sir. You'll see them only on The Red Balloon.

Here's to you readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment