Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year in Reflection: 2014

I've been writing this Year in Reflection in my head for quite a while now. And now we arrive at the time to finally actually type it all out. I have to admit that it was easier whilst it was "in my mind."

But alas, I do have the Golden Rules, which I started during last year's Year in Review and would like to now continue the same time honored tradition. [To review the first two Golden Rules you can always go here: http://theredballoonreport.blogspot.com/2014/01/year-in-review.html]

The following are the lessons that we all learned this year along the harsh road called "life."
Here they are ~
Golden Rule #3: Do Not Enter an Elevator with Solange.
I think that Golden Rule #3 doesn't really need any explication.
I saw Solange in concert back in 2013 and I had the foresight even then to take the escalator. What can I say, I've always been ahead of my times.

Golden Rule #4: Always be prepared.
For this one I need to update an old biblical message. In the biblical message the saying is that if the man had known the hour at which the burglar was coming, he would not have left his home to be broken into. So that of course is still relevant today. However, I would also like to update the message to say in addition, if you know the hour at which you are going to meet said celebrity you put on something nice, maybe get your hair done and Voila! But no, the hour at which you will meet said celebrity just had to be a big surprise : )

Now, this year I want to add what I am thankful for:
1) Family and Friends. This is so clearly numero uno.

2) Anniversaries: For whatever reason I've been getting a ton more anniversary cards in the mail then ever before. Just the other day I received a card from Macy's that read, "Happy Anniversary!" Keep in mind, I never keep track of store anniversaries so I was pretty surprised especially since they've been keeping track of the day I started spending oodles of money there. In any event, it's always nice to be recognized.

3) The fact that my camera died two seconds after meeting Jake Gyllenhaal. True story.
Seriously how else would I have been able to capture this gem:

What can I say except: You can't yell, "Jake Gyllenhaal" in a crowded theater...perhaps another update of an old phrase.

What I'm looking forward to in 2015:
1) New Year's Eve and the morning of January 1st celebration on a boat. I can't actually recall the last time I saw the midnight fireworks live and being able to see them on a boat is well...just an incredible way to kick off 2015.

2) The Second Interview. I must confess that of all the films that opened this month, the one that I didn't see was: The Interview. But, let's face it, what does Hollywood do best: make sequels. You can bet they'll be a "Second Interview." And, as with all second interviews, everyone will ask the same question, "How did they [Seth Rogen and James Franco] get a SECOND interview????"
Answer: I have absolutely no idea. I'm still questioning how they got a FIRST!
And, more importantly, they'll play both films together in one bundle so for everyone who didn't get to see the first film [cue: all of North Korea] we'll be able to easily catch up!

3) More quality time writing. I've wanted to spend more time writing and I'm really looking forward to 2015 being the year for that.

4) More fun. This one needs no explanation folks.

Here 's to an amazing 2015! Feel free to leave a comment on The Red Balloon with what you are looking forward to in the new year.

Stay tuned for more adventures in the new year...til then I'm wishing you a year full of wonderful memories, good health, and more happiness than can be contained in 365.245 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment